MDDC’s specific priorities are shaped by its governing council. The Council has 25 members.
Membership consists of:
- 17 Governor appointed members. Of these:
- at least 1/3 must be adults with developmental disabilities (DD)
- at least 1/3 must be parents of children with DD or family members of adults with DD who are unable to advocate for themselves
- 2 represent non-governmental/local agencies that provide services for individuals with DD
- the remaining seats can be any combination of the first two designations listed above.
- 6 members who represent State agencies administering federally-funded programs related to persons with disabilities.
- 2 members represent the Council’s sister agencies, the Disability Rights Center and the Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies at the University of Maine, Orono.
Department of Education
Center for Community Inclusion & Disability Studies
Disability Rights Maine
Marc Roix (Chair)
Dept. of Health & Human Services (Title XIX Adult Svs. rep)
Department of Labor(Rehabilitation Svs rep)
Dept. of Health & Human Services (Title XIX Children’s Svs. rep)
Dept. of Health & Human Services (Title V representative)